Wesley United Methodist will reopen June 14, 2020 with the following guidelines.
- A one hour service will begin at 10 AM.
- Attendance is capped at 30% (Phase 2, starting the 15th, increases to 60%).
- Face coverings are required for persons over 13, are encouraged for children ages 2–12, and are strongly discouraged for children under 2.
- socially distance 6’ from one another.
- There will be no congregational singing, though there may be soloists.
- Singers and speakers may go without masks if they are at least 10’ away.
- The nursery is not allowed to be open, so children must remain in the service with their family units.
- There will be no bulletins or anything extra in the pews (pew Bibles, hymnals, pencils, etc.)
- There will be no food or drink table.
- Please stay home if you are sick or if you have reason to suspect that you may have come in contact with someone who has the virus.
Or you can watch a service by Pastor Tim on YouTube. You can search “Pastor Tim Fry” or just follow this link:
Our church Address:
102 E Laurel St ~ Georgetown, DE 19947
Worship Service = 10 a.m.
Sunday School = 9:15 a.m. (Children & Adults) Closed for now.
PARKING: Street parking is available around the church block. We also have a parking lot on E Laurel St, across from the church.
HANDICAP ENTRANCE: Two handicap entrances are located on E. Laurel St. On Sunday mornings, please use the one on the right.
NURSERY: Nursery is provided for all services for children 6 & under. We have a nursery worker and volunteers, and we have a Safe Sanctuary program in place.
Wesley United Methodist Church has been around and reaching out to the Georgetown community since 1789. With compassion as one of our focuses, we are engaging the world in a number of ways. Currently, our mission programs include a food pantry, Code Purple dinners, Summer Brown Bag Lunches, and Little Dresses for Africa. We also host an excellent scouting program, NA and AA meetings, and other community groups.
Come worship and fellowship with us at Wesley every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. Services are held in the sanctuary and can be entered by the front doors on N Race St. Also, on E Laurel St we have a handicap entrance (to the right) that can be entered from E. Laurel St. When you come in, just keep going straight and you will enter right into the worship space. If you get lost or need help finding anything, just ask.
Through all of this Wesley Church seeks:
to guide with passion, support with love and encourage involvement.
online giving training handout
In the wake of Coronavirus, Wesley UMC is canceling its services for the next two Sundays (March 15 and 22) at least. We are joining with the public schools, the state, the country, and the whole world in trying to fight this thing and save lives, and the best way we see for us to […]
Mark your calendars! It’s coming up Pancake Supper on Shrove Tuesday, February 25, 2020!From 4:30 to 6:30 pm in Jones Hall Tickets are $7.00 for adults and $3.00 for those under age 12 and are available from any UMM member, the church office , or you may also pay at the door. Bring your […]
New Small Group! – Women Walking in Faith Ladies! Read Sensible Shoes, a fictional story of four women’s lives containing some real life spiritual development activities. The complexity of the characters will keep you reading the book and a new small group at Wesley will help you experience the spiritual development. The group will meet […]